Day 1 and 2 post op
We managed to bring Phoebe home at 9.15am on Thursday morning after clearance from the Surgeon. Her face was a little bit swollen but we were not sure if that was mostly expander or swelling from the facial trauma she had been through. She seemed perky enough. Phoebe tried a little jog from the car to the house and stopped in her tracks to hold her cheeks and say "oooohhch', guess it must feel pretty odd. Phoebe ate little bit of toast at home and at 12.30 went to bed for 3 hours. She woke up groggy but fine. Henry was very nervous about seeing Phoebe when I picked him up from Kindie and kept staring at her and asking why her cheeks looked '..so fat..?' It did not last too long before they were interacting as normal (about 5 minutes). It is going to be one heck of a challenge to stop those two play fighting for the next 3 months, or Phoebe from doing her stage dives off the arm of the sofa.
Phoebe had a good 2nd nights sleep despite my concerns on how she would sleep with all that paraphinalia in her scalp. I think the codeine and paracetomol are doing their jobs brilliantly. Today though her swelling is greatly increased. Phoebe's right eye is very small and the right cheeks is shiny and very bloated. I think we can guarentee this is not expander as such but post op swelling. I am sure her eye is going to turn black over the next couple of days.
Phoebe had a good 2nd nights sleep despite my concerns on how she would sleep with all that paraphinalia in her scalp. I think the codeine and paracetomol are doing their jobs brilliantly. Today though her swelling is greatly increased. Phoebe's right eye is very small and the right cheeks is shiny and very bloated. I think we can guarentee this is not expander as such but post op swelling. I am sure her eye is going to turn black over the next couple of days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home