Phoebe

Thursday, April 06, 2006

5th fill up

Due to child care issues, Seal took Phoebe to the hospital himself this week. The expanders were filled up without any sedation or local anesthetic cream. Judging by the shocked expression on both Seal and Phoebe's face when they reurned, I gather it was not the most pleasant of experiences. When I ran to greet the returning car, Phoebe was very quiet. She clung to me as I carried her to the house. When I sat down with her she gently put the palm of my hand against her (round) cheek and said "Owch". Whilst she did kick and scream during the fill up (Seal had to hold her very tightly) 3 seconds after it was all over she was laughing over a toy she had. The expanders only mananged 6ml's in each cheek this week. Seal does not think they filled the forehead expander but it looks bigger this week, so perhaps duing all the trauma he missed that particular fill up. The surgeon is very quick and does not faff around. I had given Phoebe coedine and paracetomol before her hospital visit, but she did not seem to require anything further during the rest of the day. Infact she is just the same old Phoebe, mad as a hatter, talking a language only she understands and providing her parents with half hourly warm fussy's for her cuteness.
Next week they are going to try anesthetic cream on the remote ports beforehand. I am going too. Sitting at home was worse then being there (but only majonally).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home